If you are a victim of any type of domestic abuse or violence then contact our domestic violence solicitors based in Wembley, London at 0203 417 3700 for help.

Everyone has the right to live in safety, free from threats and acts of violence and abuse. We will provide legal help and protection to you and your family.

If you or a person you know is in immediate danger due to domestic abuse, report the matter immediately to the police by phoning 999.

  1. What is domestic violence or abuse?
  2. What is physical abuse?
  3. What is emotional abuse?
  4. What is sexual abuse?
  5. What are threats and intimidation?
  6. Domestic violence solicitors in London
  7. Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

What is domestic violence or abuse?

Domestic violence or abuse means any incident or pattern of incidents of threatening behaviour, controlling, coercive, or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality.

Domestic abuse can take different forms, including:

  • Coercive & controlling behaviour
  • Physical abuse
  • Emotional abuse
  • Sexual abuse
  • Financial abuse
  • Online abuse
  • Violent behaviour
  • Threats and intimidation

If you or a loved one has been affected by domestic abuse of any type, you can be confident that with vast experience in supporting and representing vulnerable individuals, Wembley Solicitors can provide legal protection for you and your children.

Our family law Solicitors are extremely compassionate and empathetic and will do all they can to prioritise your immediate and long terms safety using all the legal tools available.

Speak to our family law solicitors at 020 3417 3700 to get reliable and confidential legal advice regarding domestic abuse or any type of family law matter.

What is physical abuse?

Does your partner or someone you live with ever slap, hit, or punch you? If yes then you might be in an abusive relationship or experiencing physical abuse.

We at Wembley Solicitors can help victims of physical abuse or domestic violence to get legal protection.

What is emotional abuse?

Emotional abuse is another kind of domestic abuse where your partner or someone you live with tries to use your emotions against you. Some examples of this include:

  • Blame you for the abuse or arguments
  • Isolate yourself from your family and friends
  • Make unreasonable demands for your attention
  • Control your money or other essential things
  • Tell you what to wear etc

What is sexual abuse?

Sexual assault or sexual abuse means any sexual act that a person did not consent to, or is forced into against their will. Sexual abuse is a crime and can be reported to the police like other crimes.

What are threats and intimidation?

Threats and intimidation mean if your partner or someone you live with:

  • Threatens to hurt you
  • Threaten to kill you
  • Destroy your personal things
  • Read your emails, text, or letters
  • Harass, or follow you

Threats and intimidation are serious violent offences and we can provide legal help to protect you.

Domestic violence solicitors in London

Are you looking for the best solicitor for domestic violence or abuse? Contact our highly experienced team of domestic abuse solicitors based in Wembley, London.

We provide expert legal representation to adults and children affected by domestic abuse & violence and assure their immediate & long-term safety. We can also assist if you are concerned that a loved one may be the victim of domestic abuse.

Our domestic violence solicitors will:

  • provide expert legal advice and explain available options for you
  • provide a tailored legal strategy based on your circumstances
  • provide an estimate of our legal fees from the outset
  • ensure you are regularly updated on your matter
  • respond as soon as possible to your messages and calls

Our empathetic and caring family law solicitors have helped many people facing domestic abuse. We will use our experience and expertise to ensure your safety and that of your children.

We will take the time to listen to your circumstances and your preferred outcome. Based on this information, we will explain the legal options available to you and recommend the best course of action.

To ensure your immediate safety, we may seek a non-molestation or occupation order on your behalf to prevent further domestic abuse and provide protection for you and your children.

We can also advise on legal separation, financial arrangements, protecting your rights to your family home, and putting in place arrangements for safe child contact.

Call on 020 3417 3700 to speak to our domestic violence solicitors in Wembley, London or fill in the enquiry form for immediate advice & assistance with your domestic abuse or any type of family law matter.

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

Domestic abuse is defined as “any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality. The abuse can encompass, but is not limited to psychological, physical, sexual, financial, emotional.”

Domestic abuse may take the form of:

  • coercive control and 'gaslighting.'
  • economic abuse
  • online abuse
  • threats and intimidation
  • emotional abuse
  • sexual abuse

Non-molestation orders are issued by a Court and are intended to stop a person who is abusing you (e.g. in the form of violence, threats, and harassment) from coming close to your home or other places (e.g. your child's school). Violence, threats, and harassment are all considered molestation. When deciding whether to issue a non-molestation order, a Court will take into account factors such as:

  • Any evidence of abuse
  • Whether protection is needed (for the person applying and/or any children involved)
  • Whether a Court order is needed 'on the balance of probabilities' to control the behaviour of the respondent

We can explain whether a non-molestation order is suitable for your situation, advise whether to give notice to the other party and handle the Court application on your behalf.

An occupation order is granted by a Court and gives you the right to live in your home while preventing another person from living in the property (this is the case even if they own the property). When considering an occupation order, the Court will carefully assess if you and your children are likely to suffer harm if it is not granted. They will also take into account your housing needs and those of your children, your financial resources, and the conduct of both parties.

Our family law solicitors can provide the advice and representation you need to protect yourself and your children.

Need legal advice & assistance?

Our London based team of the best divorce and family law solicitors offers legal services in all areas of family law such as divorce, financial settlements etc.

We're authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), so you know you're in safe hands.

Contact our solicitor today to get legal advice and assistance with your legal matters.

You can call us on 02034173700 or leave your details here for a callback request regarding your legal matter.