You can apply for a Child Student visa if you're between 4 and 17 years old and you want to study at an independent school in the UK.

You must:

  • have an unconditional offer of a place on a course at an independent school
  • be able to show you'll have access to enough money to support you in the UK and pay for your course
  • have the consent of your parent or guardian to study in the UK - you'll need to prove this when you apply

If you're 18 or over, apply for a Student visa instead.

This visa has replaced the Tier 4 (Child) student visa.

Child Student visa extension

You may be able to extend your Student visa to stay longer and continue your course or study a new course. This includes if you currently have a Tier 4 (General) student visa.

To extend your visa you must:

  • be in the UK on a Student visa or a Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed student sponsor - shown by your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
  • show that your studies are at a higher academic level than your current course (called the ‘academic progress requirement') - there are some exceptions

We provide expert advice, practical assistance, and professional representation to guide you through the application and decision-making process, from start to finish. 

We're authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), so you know you're in safe hands.

Contact our solicitor today to get legal advice and assistance with your UK immigration matters.

You can call us on 02034173700 or leave your details here for a callback request regarding your legal matter.