If you want to apply for a UK Creative Worker visa, call our immigration solicitors in London on 020 3417 3700. We can help with your Creative Worker visa application by providing expert guidance, legal advice, and support throughout the process.

Table of Contents

  1. What is a Creative Worker visa?
  2. Eligibility requirements for a Creative Worker visa
  3. Documents required for Creative Worker visa
  4. Certificate of sponsorship
  5. How to apply for a Creative Worker visa UK?
  6. UK Creative Worker visa application processing time
  7. How long you can stay in the UK?
  8. How can Wembley Solicitors help with the Creative Worker visa?
  9. Need legal advice and assistance?

What is a Creative Worker visa?

The Creative Worker visa is a temporary work visa designed for individuals who work in the creative industries, for example, an actor, dancer, or musician. Applicants under this category needed to have a job offer from a UK-based sponsor and a certificate of sponsorship.

Creative Worker visa has replaced the “Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting visa (T5)”. If you're a sportsperson, you can work in the UK with the “International Sportsperson visa”.

For individuals looking to apply for a Creative Worker visa or seek further guidance, it is advisable to consult immigration solicitors. At Wembley Solicitors, we specialise in UK immigration law and visa applications. We can provide expert advice and support throughout the Creative Worker visa application process. For assistance, contact Wembley Solicitors at 0203 417 3700.

Eligibility requirements for a Creative Worker visa

You need all of the following to be eligible for the creative category:

  • make a unique contribution to the UK labour market, for example, you're internationally renowned or are required for continuity.
  • certificate of sponsorship reference number.
  • be paid the minimum salary as set by Equity, PACT or BECTU (except for models, musicians or circuses).
  • enough money to support yourself in the UK - you'll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you're exempt).

Your employer must make sure your job pays at least the minimum wage and follows the UK rules for how many hours a week you work. If your employer does not do this, your application will be refused.

Documents required for Creative Worker visa

When you apply for a Creative Worker visa, you'll need to provide:

  • Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS): You must have a valid certificate of sponsorship from a licenced sponsor in the UK. This is a reference number that you enter on your visa application.
  • Proof of Identity: You need to provide a valid passport or travel document with at least one blank page for your visa.
  • Proof of Qualifications or Experience: You may need to provide evidence of your qualifications or experience in the relevant field, especially if it's a requirement for the specific job.
  • Maintenance Funds: Evidence that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK, for example, bank statements (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your employer can support you).
  • Tuberculosis (TB) Test: Some applicants may need to undergo a TB test, depending on their country of residence.
  • Biometric Information: You may be required to provide biometric information as part of the application process.

Note: Each application is assessed on an individual basis, and additional supporting documents may be required depending on your specific circumstances. A well-prepared and complete application, along with accurate supporting documents, can significantly increase your chances of a successful outcome.

Certificate of sponsorship

To be eligible for a Creative Worker visa, the applicant must have a confirmed job offer from a Home Office licenced sponsor (Employer). Your sponsor will provide you with a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) that you will need for your visa application.

A certificate of sponsorship is a unique reference number that holds information about the job you'll do and your details. It's not an actual certificate or paper document.

How to apply for a Creative Worker visa UK?

To apply for the UK Creative Worker visa, applicants must gather the required documentation, including a valid job offer, proof of financial stability, and a completed application form. They must also pay the relevant visa fees. The application can be submitted online, and applicants should allow sufficient time for processing and decision-making.

UK Creative Worker visa application processing time

Once you've applied online, proved your identity, and provided your documents, you'll usually get a decision on your Creative Worker visa within 3 weeks if you're outside the UK. You should get a decision within 8 weeks when applying from inside the UK.

How long you can stay in the UK?

If the application is successful, you'll be given a Creative Worker visa to live and work in the UK for up to 12 months, or up to 28 days more than the time on your certificate of sponsorship, with the possibility of extension depending on the nature of your work or project.

How can Wembley Solicitors help with the Creative Worker visa?

Immigration solicitors play a crucial role in assisting individuals with their UK Creative Worker visa applications by providing legal expertise, guidance, and support throughout the process.

Here are ways in which our team of immigration solicitors can help with your UK Creative Worker visa application:

  • Expert Advice: Our team of immigration solicitors is well-versed in immigration laws, policies, and procedures. We can provide accurate and up-to-date information on the Creative Worker visa category, ensuring that you understand the requirements and eligibility criteria.
  • Review of Documents: We will review your supporting documents to ensure they meet the specified criteria and advise on any additional evidence that may strengthen your application.
  • Application Preparation: We can assist in preparing the Creative Worker visa application, ensuring that all required documents are gathered, completed, and submitted accurately. This includes drafting supporting letters, filling out forms correctly, and organising the necessary evidence.

If you need assistance with your application or have any questions, our experienced team at Wembley Solicitors is ready to help. Contact us at 0203 417 3700, and our experts will provide personalised guidance tailored to your specific circumstances.

We provide expert advice, practical assistance, and professional representation to guide you through the application and decision-making process, from start to finish. 

We're authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), so you know you're in safe hands.

Contact our solicitor today to get legal advice and assistance with your UK immigration matters.

You can call us on 02034173700 or leave your details here for a callback request regarding your legal matter.