Wembley Solicitors provides specialist immigration assistance to overseas individuals and businesses with their visa and sponsorship needs, including the new Global Business Mobility scheme. The UK Global Business Mobility (GBM) scheme opened to applications on 1st April 2022 to allow businesses and multinationals outside of the UK to send staff here. There are five new visas under the GBM route:

  1. Senior or Specialist Worker visa: replaces the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa and allows overseas senior managers or specialist employees to come to the UK to work for a branch or subsidiary of their employer here.
  2. Graduate Trainee visa: replaces the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Graduate Trainee visa and allows overseas employees on a graduate training programme for a managerial or specialist role to come to the UK to work for a branch or subsidiary based here.
  3. UK Expansion Worker visa: replaces the Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa and allows senior or specialist overseas workers to come to the UK to establish a branch of an overseas business here.
  4. Service Supplier visa: allows an employee of an overseas company or an overseas self-employed professional to provide services under a contract to a UK company
  5. Secondment Worker route: allows a seconded overseas worker to carry out a temporary work assignment in the UK as part of a high-value contract or investment by their employer.

Who we serve

Based in North West London, Wembley Solicitors provides work and business immigration expertise to businesses within and outside the UK.

If you are an overseas employee or self-employed individual planning to come to the UK on a GBM visa, we can take care of all aspects of your visa application, ensuring a positive outcome is achieved. We will also ensure that your dependant family members (i.e. your partner and children) can join and remain with you in the UK.

If you represent an overseas business, we can help you with your immigration needs, including gaining your sponsor licence and how to meet your sponsorship duties.

What we do

Wembley Solicitors' work and business visa team handle all aspects of Global Business Mobility visa applications, including:

For overseas employees and self-employed individuals

  • Advising on the most suitable visa for your needs - including under the GBM route or any other alternatives available to you
  • Checking your eligibility for a GBM scheme visa
  • Preparing and submitting GBM scheme visa applications
  • Overcoming any problems with GBM scheme visa eligibility
  • Advising on switching to a different type of visa to gain ILR once in the UK

For overseas businesses

  • Help overseas businesses establish a presence in the UK
  • Advise on global mobility strategies to enable overseas staff to come to the UK
  • If a sponsor licence is required, we can assist with the sponsor licence application process and putting in place the systems and processes needed
  • Assisting with ongoing compliance to retain your sponsor licence

Regardless of the scale or urgency of your GBM scheme needs, our immigration law Solicitors can represent you. As a full-service law firm, we can also advise and represent you regarding any other legal matter including in the areas of litigation, commercial property, and criminal law.

Our immigration law ethos

At Wembley Solicitors, we aim to provide the very highest levels of service to overseas businesses, employees, and self-employed individuals requiring access to the UK market. From the outset of your immigration matter, we will take the time to discuss your needs and explain the options available to you. Each of our team members is highly responsive, friendly, open, honest, and proactive. Crucially, our business immigration specialists are commercially astute and understand the needs of global organisations with business interests in the UK.

Global Business Mobility Scheme FAQs

Yes, to qualify for a GBM route visa, applicants must have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship. This is normally issued by the UK business where the overseas employee will be working. In the case of the Expansion Worker visa, the overseas business must also have a sponsor licence even though they do not yet have a trading presence in the UK (they must have a ‘footprint' in the UK, however). 

Application fees

  Applications made in the UK
Senior or Specialist Worker visa up to 3 years - £625 per person
more than 3 years - £1,235 per person
Graduate Trainee visa £259 per person
UK Expansion Worker visa £259 per person
Service Supplier visa £259 per person
Secondment Worker route £259 per person

Healthcare surcharge (provides access to the NHS)

  • £624 per person per year

Yes, as a visa holder on the GBM scheme, you will be able to bring your partner and children to the UK to join you if they are eligible. You must be married or in a civil partnership with your partner or have been together for at least 2 years when you apply. Any children of age 16 years or over must live with you (this does not apply if they are in full-time education at boarding school, college or university), not be married or in a civil partnership or have any children of their own, and be financially supported by you.

Unfortunately, none of the five visas under the GBM visa scheme provide a route to settlement in the UK. It is possible, however, to switch to a different visa once in the UK that qualifies for ILR, such as the family visa, Global Talent visa, Innovator visa, or Skilled Worker visa. Our team can advise on the routes to settlement available to you.

We provide expert advice, practical assistance, and professional representation to guide you through the application and decision-making process, from start to finish. 

We're authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), so you know you're in safe hands.

Contact our solicitor today to get legal advice and assistance with your UK immigration matters.

You can call us on 02034173700 or leave your details here for a callback request regarding your legal matter.